katelyn_ross26

first house! help me paint and buy furniture for living/dining

Kate R
3 years ago

We have just moved into our first home and are slowly starting to repaint and furnish the place.

It is a modern home but we are trying to make it more cozy and less grey. Especially this room.
Looking for suggestions on paint colours and furniture that would work well in the space bearing in mind we have two cats and a dog.

Useful info for future plans:
-Loveseat was a temporary fox until shops opened and we get something ordered. Thinking of getting a L-shaped sectional in a peacock or dark blue velvet.
-replacing tv with a large wall mounted one and removing tv stand.
-little rug will go
-coffee table can stay or be moved to second office/lounge room

Our style
I like modern, mid century but also classic and antiques. I prefer natural materials and like rich colours. I want to inject some colour and personality in this space. A bit of sophisticated drama while still being classic of that makes sense.

Paint colours:
Having a hard time picking the perfect blue. I’ll love one colour in bright light like in the photo, another in dark daylight and another in artificial light. Are there better blues that would work? Also open to teals.

1. Stiffkey blue farrow and ball
  2. Hague blue farrow and ball
  3. Inchyra blue farrow and ball
  4. Smalt Craig and rose
  5. Deep ultramarine dulux heritage
  6. Sapphire salute dulux

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.