webuser_668028829

Garden help please!

M B
3 years ago

Hello, thanks for reading this. I'm in need of some advice for our garden! It has loads of potential, is south facing and a great little suntrap - but was all paved over when we moved in. Would love it to be a lush, wild, colourful place to sit in and relax. We've made a start on this (planted some lawn for our toddler) and now ready to put top soil and plants in the sections pictured. The big dilemma is whether or not to remove the walls of these sections.
Are there any good structural/drainage reasons not to?
The angles don't make sense to us and it seems that removing them would allow us to create banks to plant into which would be a lot softer on the eye. But not sure how hard it will be to remove them and if there are potential issues this could cause.
Any thoughts or comments to help us make this decision are really appreciated! Thanks

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.