webuser_479511125

2 design worries: kitchen & TV

HU-479511125
2 years ago

Hi there, our new apartment will be open plan.

I never designed a kitchen before and I am not 100% convinced about the suggested solution. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a breakfast bar facing the big room, sort of like a divider? Please note that at this stage we are free to move power outlets around freely, including the kitchen. The sink, ideally, should remain in the position where it currently is.

Second, the architect somehow ignored that there are people out there who enjoy watching TV. The TV outlet right now is tucked in the corner behind the fireplace. Would you think of a better solution in regards to placement? Right now I believe the TV is supposed to go over the fireplace (is this even possible? I don't know!) but the area is a thoroughfare for 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, and it's right in front of the kids' rooms too, so no peace and quiet in the evenings. Again, we are probably free to move the TV to any position in the living room, but I struggle to find a good solution since there are hardly any walls.

Note: This is a top floor apartment with mansard roof. There is a huge skylight window which can be turned into an access point to the rooftop terrace (indicated by violet lines), hence the space underneath may be needed for a stairs solution later on.

Thanks for you ideas / input on these 2 points!

Comments (26)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.