sarah_robson92

Kitchen / diner / living dilemma

Sarah Robson
2 years ago

Currently the kitchen is in two parts. We intend to knock through into the morning room, making it long open plan across the rear of house, installing patio doors where the current back door and sink are, as well as replace the current patio doors in morning room and replacing all windows too. We will use the middle space for a small round dining table. There is a stained glass window that backs onto the hall (coloured purple) which we want to keep, along with the fireplace in the end part of the kitchen. The fireplace in the morning room we won't be keeping, it's not original and gives us more scope for furniture placement.
The current entrance to the kitchen is via an arch off the hall into a square vestibule.
The entrance to the pantry is a folding door in the corner by chimney breast. It is my intention to block both up and access to all the back is the door is via morning room door.
Therefore my kitchen is at one end, small dining table in the middle section and a sofa the other end.
My dilemma is - am I cramming my kitchen into too small a space will I have enough cupboards / worktop, is it all too much in just one section? I'd like a range cooker and freestanding fridge freezer. I've drawn a rough plan how I see this area.
The pantry is a nice size, contains the boiler. By closing off the folding door gives me a full wall but is then a walk back into hall and the new doorway to it will be from the hall, through the arch with door straight ahead (coloured purple). Is this an issue?
The middle section and morning room are slightly narrower than main kitchen. Pictures do not give good depth perception.
Main kitchen is 3600 into bay, 3600 otherwise. Width is 3900.
I want to keep the fireplace.
Middle section is 2700.
Morning room is 3300 because the room extends out, like the bay in the end part of the kitchen (coloured orange)
I've added the 'not quite to scale' floor plan with the orange line in the middle kitchen through to morning room shows to show the narrower rooms and the position of stained glass window (must keep) and proposed door to pantry.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.