robbie_pereira

A bigger extension but questions around elevations and right to light

Robbie
2 years ago

Hi All,
We currently have a 3m rear extension and are looking at options to turn this into a 6m rear extension but I have questions around elevation, right to light etc.
In the picture you can see our current extension and the house to the left and right of ours.
The house to the right has large side and rear extensions already (the house next to them is detached).

We’d like to:

• extend to 6 meters and change to a flat roof
  • raise two lengths of fence panels to the same height as the higher panels directly beside the house which will allow for a same level decking area

We want to keep internal floors all level - will our much lower garden cause us any issues here?
Will we be blocking their light too much? The end of the extension would be 3m from their patio doors.

It’s very early days and we will of course speak to the neighbours and seek full planning permission but do you think we will run into any issues?

Thanks for your time.

R

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.