vaivadr

House / Extension layout ideas

vaivadr

Hello,
We are extending our current house and also changing the layout.
We are planning to extend on the side and at the back double storey extension as well as kitchen extension.

This is the first suggestion from our architect, BUT
Ground floor:

• We decided we do not need garage
  • I would like to add windows on the left side of the house (maybe a door as well) as the sunsets are beautiful (field view on the left side and back garden)
  • What could we have instead of the garage?
  • The utility room could be longer right to the end of the house and add a door
  • Do we really need so many sliding/bifold? Is it practical in winter?
    Upstairs:
  • We do want 4 bedrooms (master bedroom, two similar size room for 2 kids and guest bedroom)
  • I would love walk-in wardrobes for 3 bedrooms
  • there will be double storey extension (to match neighbours house) where the kitchen windows are (this is not shown in the drawings) so the upstairs will be slightly bigger.

If someone has any better layout suggestions or ideas please share!
Appreciate your help!

Comment (1)