dtunes

Living room decor and layout

Adam
2 years ago

Hey there! I have been renovating my flat for the last few years and have finally finished the kitchen with the exception of the backsplash and pendant light. So my issue is that my living room and kitchen were separate before and the furniture I had was pre-open plan. The living room is a bit of an odd shape, since it is an L and has a big asymmetrical bay window.
I have a big sectional which doesn't fit now and I have separated it into two parts and using the chaise as my "sofa". Therefore, I will have to invest in a new one or two or perhaps an accent chair or two. The rug I believe is a bit small for the space now and maybe even makes the space look smaller.. (it's a 200*250 rug) And as for the TV unit, I would like to invest in a new one or perhaps a wall to wall built-in would be better.
Regarding the decor side of things, I feel like the all off white is a bit impersonal and vanilla and needs some drama or contrast to make it cosier and more interesting. I must say that I love dark interiors, but at the same time I don't want it to feel like a cave. The living room is north-west facing, but has a fair amount of light as I have such big windows. The kitchen is south facing.
It's not a huge flat, so I can't go with a huge sectional again, but I would really like to make the most of the space and for it to feel minimalist but cosy.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Here are the plans and some ideas I sketched up (I photographed them so they are a bit distorted).

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.