hadley_segal

Third bedroom extension - advice appreciated!

Hadley Segal
2 years ago

My wife and I have made an offer on a 2 bedroom property which we are looking to make a 3 bed (floorplans attached).

It seems as though we have 2 options, to go up into the loft although the current ceiling height is 1.85m so from my understanding we’d need to lower the 2nd floor ceilings (but have no idea what we’d be looking at in terms of costs?) or extend to the back of the property over the kitchen but looking at the floor plan we think we’d only gain a third bedroom (approx same size as the bathroom) and a hallway would also minimise the size of bedroom 2.

Any advice on the best way to go here would be much appreciated. Our preference would be going into the loft so just looking for some advice please.

Many thanks in advance,

Hadley Segal

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.