chioca01

Bi folding door colour and what to do about matching windows

Ashlea Chiocchi
2 years ago

Hi , we are at the start of our kitchen dining extension we have a 3 bed 1930s semi and are extending the open plan kitchen dining room. Wanting to put bi folds on the dining room exterior.
What colour is best?
If we go for aluminium what do we do about getting windows ? Budget doesn’t allow to also get aluminium windows so would be UPVC. The back extension will be window on the kitchen side and bi folds on the dining side.
The issue is I hate the “grey” fashion and think of B&M mirrored tables and crushed velvet when ever I think of grey, but I do think the bi folds look smarter in the anthracite I just don’t know if I want my windows anthracite aswell . Also does the UPVC match the aluminium colour ?

We have a bare brick industrial vs scandi vs natural but period interior taste.
To give an idea ..
Kitchen will be cream/neutral tone cupboards , natural chunky wooden work tops , Belfast sink. Dining room side we have a bare brick fireplace , oxblood Chesterfield, 1940s utility table, dark navy on one wall-think gentlemen’s club type style without the wooden panelling. We have original picture rails and original 1930 4 panel doors which will be staying. Medium Oak colour Parquet floor throughout .
Any advice please ?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.