rama_krishna31

Loft conversion in Conservation area

rama krishna
2 years ago

Currently i am looking to buy 1960's built 2 bed first floor masionette where our family have been renting since last 4 years. Once our mortgage is accepted i am looking to convert loft for 2 bedroom and a bathroom with flat roof dormer. But foundout this 2 property is in conservation area and after speaking an Architect who drew a plan in 2007 for loft conversion to 1bed 1bath adviced, dormer may not be allowed in terms of passing through planning permission as property being in conservation area. I want to utilise the whole loft space by enhancing the design of property to add value or have normal loft conversions ex: Dormer or Mansard. Is anyone able to suggest ideas based upon their experiences with loft conversion in conservation areas. Many thanks in advance

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.