mm128

Lounge Layout - bay window and tv

M M

Hi,

I recently moved to a new flat and I’m having some trouble figuring out a good layout for the lounge. For now I’ve just plopped my current furniture down kind of how it used to be but it doesn’t really fit.

I’m happy to change all furniture - good opportunity for something fresh.

The main issues are what to do with the ginormous bay window and where to put the tv.

I don’t have another room for the tv and I do like to watch it so it needs to go somewhere but I don’t want it to be intrusive - the window Or fireplace should be the focal point I would think. I thought it could be mounted on the wall where the poster currently it looks like a tv wouldn’t fit there.

The bay window is almost 2/3ds of a circle and about 3 meters wide - almost fully surrounded by windows. It’s great but I have no idea what should be there and how it fits into the rest of the lounge.

The lounge should be very bright usually but we have scaffolding up at the moment.

I’ve included some photos and I’ve also included a photo of the previous owners layout - it seems good because everything is focused on the window and fireplace but the tv doesn’t really fit and the bay window seems underused.

Thanks!