ella_lyons79

Open Plan kitchen, living dining room layout

Ella Lyons
2 years ago

We are planning an extension to our living room to make it fully open plan living, kitchen dining room. The current kitchen is to the front of the house and tiny. We want the American style Fridge Freezer kitchen island (though would compromise on a peninsula) and double oven.

The trouble we're facing is that the WC which is next to the bottom left hand corner of this diagram and we intend to use the pipework from that for the kitchen. This is the more awkward side because of the doorway getting in the way.

Any ideas on how you would fit a kitchen so that it's not taking up the majority of the space but still giving us an island? Would you consider having the kitchen to the back across the doorway so that the extension is the lounge?

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.