alice_lewis13

Granite modification

Alice Lewis
2 years ago

Hi, i have a granite overhang/breakfast bar in my apartment. We do not use it so its such wasted space and i want to remove the overhang so i can place some furniture in that area. can the granite be cut? or would i need to try and source similar and just replace the whole section?

Comments (2)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Yes it can be cut. You need a circular saw with the correct wheel in it and then a diamond sanding disc to polish the edge back up. Alternatively an angle grinder again with diamond wheel.

Alice Lewis thanked Daisy England
  • PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 years ago

If the peninsular section can be removed then it can be cut down, its not something you want to do in situ as you'll have dust everywhere. I'd do a local search for a granite installer and speak to them to get some idea of costs.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.