webuser_853802756

Victorian terrace - kitchen layout ideas

Keith Freeman
2 years ago

I'd appreciate ideas on the kitchen layout. It's the last area of the house that I've yet to clarify and from reading a few posts it's a bit of a minefield.

A few considerations/preferences:

- Typical victorian terrace

- The left side of the kitchen will be a glass roof side return.

- The small rear extension will have large glass windows. This could be a dining table alcove or general seating area to overlook the garden. I didn't want bifold/sliding doors, just a large door on the left.

- I'd prefer not to combine or alter the middle room. It gets lots of light from some french doors in the the living room and I like the idea of it as a sort of hobby/music room. I know it's common to have a utility area/toilet in the middle area due to less light.

- There is a small closet toilet under the stairs

- Dimensions of kitchen

* Length: 6.33m in to the rear extension (4.9m main area)

* Width: 4.12m (2.47m rear extension width)

A - Dining table alcove

B - Utility room / Dining table under glass side return / Reading chairs in rear extension?

C - Mix of A and B

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.