keysnatcher

Above-fence Screening: mixed trees or hedge?

keysnatcher
2 years ago

Our garden has a long fence line (~30m) separating it from a small road that’s regularly used as a pedestrian shortcut. We’d like to add substantial above-fence screening and I’m keen on the idea of a fairly informal ‘elevated’ hedge or regularly spaced trees (we have a clipped Leylandii hedge on the other side, so another formal hedge might be a bit much). My husband doesn’t want it to encroach on the lawn too much, so wide spreading trees aren’t an option, but we would need a few tall-ish plants to screen the windows of neighbouring houses. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to plant, or even better, pictures of how they have dealt with a similar situation? I quite like the idea of a bit of autumn colour too, if I could have everything!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.