jane_gartlon

Last minute wobble - loft bathroom?

Jane
2 years ago

I decided not to put a bathroom in my loft conversion (no dormer because of planning constraints). Now that it is nearly complete the headroom is more than I expected so I am having second thoughts about putting a small ensuite up there...nearly every use I can think of for that room would be enhanced by having a bathroom. Or am I just trying to achieve too much in a small spce? Anyone had a similar layout/dilemma and managed to pull it off?

I know plumbing is key. If used the top left corner I can run a soil pipe down into the main bathroom below.

An obvious place would be behind the door as you walk in and turn left but a) limited head height as as the doorway itself takes up most of the flat part of the roof, and b) there is no drainage over there.

I have sketched out some thoughts. I quite like the 'open plan' option (the first drawing) as only one person would be occupying the room most likely.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.