lindsey_beasley

Walk in shower - what dimensions!!

Lindsey Beasley
2 years ago

revamping a small bathroom (1.65mx2m). Was previously bath, toilet, sink now installing a walk in shower.

Limitations are:-

- radiator under the window

- toilet has to be where it is

- 1650m length, majority of trays come in proportions of 200mm lengths e.g. 1400, 1600 etc. If choose a 1600 tray, will end up with small 50mm useless ledge! So have two options, find a 1650 tray, or install a shorter tray (say 1400mm) so will see space at end of tray (which could make room look more spacious?).

- tray width has to be 700mm wide, as door opening is adjacent.

- window is offset about 450mm so can't go end to end of room with a full enclosure/wall to wall door arrangement.

- Need enough screen to avoid splashes but not limit entrance space, which will be opposite the toilet.

- Idea is a 1400mmx700mm tray, with a 900mm fixed pane (leaving approx 750mm entry space), with an additional 300mm "flipper" panel that can open 180 degrees in

and out - to stop splash. If I go for a 1000mm fixed screen, from what I've been reading this is not sufficient to stop splash, hence idea of flipper which can move out way for easier access???

OR should I take the tray to the end of the room?

Have drawn both options on a very primitive planner. Any advice/ideas would be appreciated!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.