parties03

Detached 40s house rear and side extension

Parties 03
2 years ago

Hi,

I’d like advice on what we could achieve with extending this house as the housing market to move to a bigger place in the area we want is dire right now.

This is ambitious, but would actually give me the house and garden we want, and I imagine still be significantly cheaper than moving to a 4/5 bed house.

Downstairs:-

• can extend sideways up to 2m to allow access to the garden still
  • Could extend backwards up to another 3m
  • I would like a kitchen/ dining/ sitting/ entertaining space that opens right onto the garden
  • Need to retain a utility, preferably make bigger to allow it to be a pantry/ laundry room too
  • I’d like to add a shower downstairs or at least make the current toilet bigger.
  • Is there any way to make the living room wider? Eat into the hallway and move the stairs? Or is that just not possible

Upstairs:-

• I’d want to extend over the existing kitchen and sideways (up to 2 metres) If we did a side extension
  • I’d like three large bedrooms and one large family bathroom - can internal walls be moved around?
  • Space for stairs into the attic as I would like a master bedroom and en suite up here
  • If possible to create a landing
  • If any space a box room to have as an office

thank you!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.