webuser_604161716

Two sofas - different colours

L J
last year

Hello! I’m after a little advice as I appreciate all the advice given on here and I haven’t found much in the way of inspo online so thought I would pick your minds….

I’m moving into an apartment and getting a lovely Chesterfield reupholstered for the living room. However I’m unsure what colour to go for, as I would want it to with a second sofa I’d have in the room.

I want to ‘future-proof’ the chesterfield as much as possible, so I want to be careful with the colour. I was thinking either a tobacco tan leather or a rich red (probably fabric).

But then I’m not sure what kind of colour for the second sofa (it will be a different style just bought from a store) - I wont want it in the same colour, as it wont be exact, but then I don’t want it to clash… I’m just a bit stuck and struggle with combining colours!

I’m going for a Soho House Mumbai kind of look for my living room - a bit heritage, some rich colours, light patterns and a splash of gold in places. The doors are wood, so I was going to paint the walls green (not too dark) and the floor is beige carpet.

There’s a cushion I have as well that I think will go nicely in the room, so was planning on drawing colours from it - but I don’t think a dark blue will go all that well?

Here are some pictures of the look I’m going for, the sofa, cushion and the living room (estate agent picture)….. really appreciate any advice ☺️ thank you!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.