rebecca___perkins

Replacing 1930s canopy porch

R P
last year

I have a really ugly porch canopy on my 1930s house and would like to replace it. We recently had a loft conversion and the builder said he wouldn't replace it but could take it down, refresh it, put it back up and tile it. I recently had another builder visit to for my kitchen and asked him, again he said he wouldn't change it as he said the timber goes into the front of the house and to take it down might damage brick work and cause cracks. Again he said he would refresh the existing one. The problem is I really don't like it and would like to change the pitch slightly. I know I am limited by the window above. Has anyone been able to change a similar porch or have any ideas? I would be grateful for any advice.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.