webuser_645904028

ideas for sun shading south facing sliding doors on rear extension

HU-645904028
last year

Hi All,

I have a rear extension with 4.5 meter opening ( sliding doors) and another window of about 1 meter width. This is great in winter as it lets sun in and also great to look at the garden. But in summer, its a real pain.

Last summer was too hot in UK and I invested in some blinds fitted to block the sun . However, the glass still gets very hot and I think a lot of this hear then ends in the house making it uncomfortable. I do not want to go full AC solution as its expensive and not so environmentally friendly.

I have been thinking of an awning but the rear wall is mostly a sliding door and window and not much option to hang the awning except may be to install some concrete posts and support the awning.

Are there any other options people have used? Like a pair of cantilever parasols? Some other solution?

Would appreciate if you can provide some feedback/options. I am attaching a picture showing rear of house.

thanks

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.