lisa_kelly96

Door dilemma for rear extension

6 years ago
We are about to build a rear single storey extension but are struggling with the design of the rear doors /windows. This room will become our living room and the external measurement will be 4.5m (depth) x 6.5m (width). We don't know whether to have a 3m central bifold / sliding door, or to have the windows as per the plan (2.4m doors and a smaller window). The reason we designed the plan in the picture with a smaller door opening and separate window was so that we would have more options for the interior design. We are worried that the larger door opening will limit furniture/TV placement due to sunlight affecting the view of the screen. We are south-facing so this, as well as the possibility the room will become too hot in the summer originally put us off a larger door opening, despite it being a popular choice these days. The second photo shows the other door placements in the room). We are now questioning whether we have made the right choice? We would be interested in others points of view please.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.