agata_makowska

Dark hallway - desperate for ideas

I desperately need help with my hallway!

At the bottom we have a small space that is small and dark with almost no natural light but it feels like it needs colour. At the top there’s a landing which leads into the door to the kitchen which is painted part in White 06 and part in Power. The feature wall will be red earth which will lead nicely into the pink of Powderpuff.

The rest of stairwell with a “climbing wall” is going to be in Claybrook “Plaster Cast” which is a lovely soft off white with a warm bone undertone.

I am obsessed about Sarah Brown’s interiors which are very layered and harmonic and after an elegant but playful scheme.

I don’t really like green all that much but something tells me that it could work. Yesterday I tried some testers:

Little Greene “Hopper Head“ – too dark

Little Greene “Garden“ – the right mid tone but going all green terrifies me. Also, nothing seems to go with it except red which is a bit too wild for me.

F&B “Breakfast Room Green” – a bit too cool – but maybe because I don’t know what to pair it with

F&B “Calke Green” – a bit more subdued, again, don’t know what it’s goes with

Considering any other colour but it seems that with so little light in the flat anything with a cool undertone looks really washed out and cool.

I’d really love a sense of arrival – elegant but joyful and interesting.

Help

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.