webuser_715216103

What colour front door would work with heather (a bit purple) bricks?

Rolly Polly
11 months ago

Hi,

I’ve spent years thinking our brick was dark brown but I’ve finally noticed it has a purpley-pinkish tone (London Brick Co heather apparently). We are having a new wooden front door fitted & am not sure if it‘s best to lean in to the purple and go for a lilac door or contrast with maybe sage green? There is a lot of green out there already with countless plants though.

Can anyone advise as to what colours might work best? Currently have bright teal which is nice tho fancy a change, something lighter perhaps. The brick is dark so anything that complements the purple hue & brightens up the front of the house would be perfect.

Thanks.

p.s. the wooden window boxes are going and there will be an oak framed pitched porch. Windows are white, driveway is sandy colour gravel, so all fairly neutral/natural in a semi rural location..

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.