archie_hamilton57

Victorian terrace layout dilemma

A90
10 months ago

hello
we're in a standard Victorian terrace and want to make the ground floor space work better for us. Getting a side return extension is out the picture as all money has gone into the house but we do have budget for some internal alterations.
currently we have the kitchen in the 'middle room'.
we're thinking of putting the kitchen into the back room as is standard with Victorian houses and making everything a bit more open as it just feels like there's too many walls downstairs at the minute but then we're unsure of where to try and squeeze in a toilet and a kids playroom/snug. We would love to have a line of sight into a kids room from the relocated kitchen but unsure if it will be possible!
we're looking to get the lean to and outside toilet removed and replaced with a glazed roof and sliding doors leading out to the garden.
Any ideas gladly appreciated!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.