webuser_629121857

Utilising Under the stairs

12 months ago

We are currently in the process of buying a house.
The kitchen is a little on the small side, but the adjoining hallway has under the stairs storage which I feel I could better utilise. The plan would be for this to provide a new home for the washing machine and dryer (I will need to sort some piping out) as well as storage for larger cleaning items and shoes lower down.

The photos are from google and not the actual house.
Currently there space is accessed through a full door and one smaller cupboard door.
I would like to remove the door frame to have a wider door, but I’m not sure how to avoid taking up too much space in the hall when it’s open. I also like the height the door currently offers so it would become a wedge shape.
I would then like to use the shortest section as pull out draws for shoes. I’m thinking of building a cabinet behind a wall and using old filing cabinet sliders. I’m not sure if this would work though.

I would love to see photos of how others have used this space and tips or what to avoid please.

Thank you.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.