lspendl828

Last minute window validation

8 months ago

After a couple of years of dithering over windows for the front of our 1960’s house, I’m ready to commit. Going for Residence 7 flush casement in Corse Lawn (nearest RAL 7039 Quartz Grey) but white inside. I’m happy with this but looking for validation on the fenestration.

I’m intending to:

1. Take out the bow window and replace with a flat one.

2. 3 equal size panes on 2 large windows (1 upper and 1 lower) and 2 equal size panes on 2 smaller upper windows. This means that the size of the individual panes will be the same width across all the windows.

3. No transoms (happy with this).

I’m wondering if instead of 3 equal panes, 4 equal panes might be better on the bigger widows but this would mean that the panes would be narrower in the large windows than in the smaller windows.

Do you think I’ve made the right choices? Tell me now, please, before I pay the deposit next week. Hoping to have them in for Christmas! TIA

Comments (3)

• 8 months ago

Thanks Sarah. And remove the bow window for flat?

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.