katie_rainey77

TV size above log burner

Katie Rainey
6 months ago

Hi All. We are having a log burner fitted in a few weeks with a false chimney breast being built. We are putting the TV above the fire in a recess as low as we can, our room is 5m by 3.5m and we really can’t decide betweem a 50 or 55inch TV. Does anyone have this TV/fire arrangement and have any advice. Thanks so much, i have attached a photo of what we are hoping for. thanks everyone, Katie

Comments (3)

• Angie
    6 months ago

I agree, it’s rather high. And I don’t think I would put the tv above the log burner, which will put out considerable heat. Our tv is to one side of our log burner, at seated eye level, and is perfect.

• minnie101
    6 months ago

I agree re height and heat, there’s quite a good article here

If you do ahead though will there be a similar mantle and what’s the width of the chimney breast and the distance between seating and tv?

https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/advice/can-you-put-a-tv-above-a-log-burner

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.