webuser_380989178

BATHTUB OPTIONS FOR BASEMENT BATHROOMS :(

HU-380989178
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

We are renovating our basement bathroom (victorian terraced house) and we have a problem….BATHTUB.

So the old bathtub is a freestanding victorian styled bathtub with LEGS. But we wanted to go for a modern vibe therefore was going to buy a modern freestanding bathtub with no legs.

However our plumber told us that we can’t have a freestanding bathtub because it has to be raised for the plumbing.. as the bathroom is basement..

So we have two options according to the plumber.

1. Find bathtub with legs - It’s so hard to find bathtub with legs that looks modern. any recs?
  2. Raise the floor where the bathtub sits - I don’t know how common this is? Because if the whole floor is raise then the bathtub sit quite higher up. I already have to lift my leg high to get into the bathtub so…if it’s even more raised then idk if it’s weird?

HELP

attached is the old bathroom and we are turning into a 2024 modern bathroom

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.