bingbang15

How best to utilise these rooms

bingbang15
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Hello everyone,

We have recently moved into our new house and we are just trying to work out what is the best use of the space we have.

We are prepared to remove/knock through any walls or build new walls if it will give us a better space to use.

What we need included in the house is at least 3 rooms as bedrooms (Master and 2 kids rooms for 7 and 2 year olds. We are not against the bedrooms being on separate floors), an Office space, ideally a Utility/Laundry space (which we don't mind being on any of the levels of the house) and also if possible a space for a play area for the children that could be used in the future by them when they are older to see friends.

The conservatory we will probably be replacing at some point in the future with a proper extension with the same footprint, so if possible we would like any ideas to consider this so there isn't too much rework required, but we are happy to use this space as it currently is.

Also we wouldn't want the ground floor to be fully open plan as that is what we had in our old house and we struggled with there not being some separation between spaces, but we wouldn't be against opening rooms up slightly, just don't want 1 big open space.

Not shown on this plan is a large garage which is just off to the right hand side at the rear of the property.

In the loft space (second floor) the 2 rooms to the front of the property, the bedroom and bathroom, have a sloped ceiling so there is restricted head height for part of the room. The rear 2 rooms have a dormer.

The unmarked room in the loft was a kitchen area which has been removed but the boiler is currently housed here. The boiler does need replacing so we would consider moving this if needed. I believe all the walls in the loft space are stud walls.

All water and waste services are on the right of the property so it would be preferable to keep all rooms that require this on that side of the house.

We appreciate any help and advice that you can provide.

Thanks

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.