lucinda_dimambro

Garden Renovation ideas / help / suggestions please

4 months ago

Hi

So we have an area to the side of our house that I would like to make nicer for this upcoming summer.

We currently have our rattan corner sofa there, with table and large round wooden table, that seats 6 and our bbq behind.

This wraps around to the back garden where we currently just have the old paving slabs continued round. The paving slabs in front of the house are quite narrow so we couldn’t put any furniture or anything there.

We have a large dog and 2 children so needs to be practical for them as well.

Our back garden also has the front entrance to the house-as the house is old the entrance is actually in the back garden.

We currently have some very old paving slabs down that I think we would need to start again with. We also have gravel to one side of the area which is coming through from our driveway. So it is a bit of a mix and match at the moment – there is a flowerbed that separates the paving slabs and the gravel.

We have about half an acre garden - we do not mind losing some of the turfed garden in order to get a really nice outside dining space.

In summary, I guess I would like to get some sort of alfresco dining area done that would look nice to the side of the house and to the frontage of the house. The French doors lead onto our kitchen

Please let me know if more photos would help.

Thank you in advance for anyone’s suggestions or help.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.