kathryntulip

New kitchen layout dilemma

kathryntulip
last month

Hello Houzzers

We are planning a side return and small rear extension to our victorian house, and are opening up the kitchen and dining room to create an open plan kitchen/diner with doors out to the garden. I am tring to work out the kitchen plan. In the photo is what I have come up with so far, which has been added to the architects drawing and I would love your opinions/ideas as I wonder if this is the best layout. The main constraints are that we have 3 good quality wood kitchen base units that we want to reuse in the new kitchen, but they are odd sizes as they were made bespoke to fit into the old kitchen, they are 1250mm x680mm (currently in the Island) and 1100mm, 750mm x 600mm in the wall run of units. There is additional storage with a freestanding pantry, built in cupboard and new full height cupboards at the rear of the dining area. Seating at the island is a bit tight, but is less important, I added it as there was a bit of space at the end of the island, that could instead be more storage. I also prefer to keep the island surface free of appliances (sink and hob). Any thoughts much appreciated.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.