oneplan

Helpful hints for new users

OnePlan
9 years ago
Basically design dilemma is where you post questions regarding home design - not commercial really - although some do pop through !

Adding pictures/ plans* / as much info including general location ie Hereford UK or Dover UK ( not 'flat 3, 26 Hart Lane, Bournemouth' ) in your question will help - you may notice some people are more direct (ie 'design my window covering!' - not a 'please?' or 'can you?' in sight ) - I used to think it was rude - but now I've come to the conclusion that's just my interpretation, most people don't seem to mind !
If you think of something else you need to add - simply add it as a comment to that thread - rather than starting a new one ! And if you haven't had a reply in a couple of hours - add the comment 'bump!' To your thread to give it a boost !!

When you've posted your dilemma and you are getting responses - remember that not everyone knows what building regs or planning permission etc apply in our country - so what works for someone from, for example America , having a nice load of electrical appliances like hair dryers etc in you bathroom, would be totally illegal here !!! Be careful taking advice from complete strangers - ask someone 'in the know' in the real world too, if you aren't sure about something !!!

Very occasionally there might be some sort of inappropriate post - there's a report button to hit if you need to notify the lovely Houzz staff !!

Adding more below ....

Comments (38)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.