webuser_474139523

Advice please for redesigning ground floor of 1960s detached

Ben Buckley
2 months ago

Hello all, we‘ve just moved into our dream house in perfect location and would like ideas what we can do with the groundfloor dining room rear extension to make a dining and family space suitable for entertaining friends and their families, whilst also offering a separate space from the lounge where our two boys (11 &8) can watch tv or play xbox.

We really like the kitchen decour and don’t want to start replacing cupboards etc but we would like to incorporate somewhere for sitting to eat. We wondered about removing the wall between kitchen and dining room to create a kitchen dinner family room and blocking up one of the doors into that space.

We are open to all suggestions : knocking down walls, removing doors, building walls, fitting French doors or bifold doors where the rear door is now. We’d even consider grabbing a few feet of space from the rear of the current lounge.

Idea also welcome of what to do with the boarded up old rear window.

Thanks,

Ben and Becky

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.