webuser_71660

feature walls and paint colours for a large open plan space?

Tani H-S
last month

Hi all, this is our loft space (5x4.5m) which has finally been plastered and I'm now trying to work out which walls are best to add some features to. None of the decor or flooring has been chosen - it's all just a mock up! The only thing we have bought is the kitchen which is white gloss with a pale grey stone marble effect worktop and splashback. The beam is just white now.

The main wall opposite the sofa will have a tv on it now (wall hung) but it's a 5m wall and also goes into the dining area so I can't afford to feature the whole wall. Do you think panelling off with some trims on the dining area

It's going to be a holiday let to start and coastal as we are near the sea and there are lots of wading birds around so I'm wanting to put one of those big photowall pieces up somewhere with the theme. Just not sure if I should put it on the kitchen wall (which will be taken up with an extractor and shelving so may be wasted. Perhaps this should just stay white?

The room may end up having carpet in the living space and split with the kitchen but not sure yet (have to look at soundproofing).

So which walls do you think I should add the feature to and which walls should I paint and which ones could be darker? Or should I just leave it all white and add the features in pictures and art?

thank you

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.