webuser_307876750

Help with Kitchen / Diner layout

jamie windley
28 days ago

Hi

I have posted previously but we have decided now that we definitely want to keep the utility room and study. So now we just need to work out how to most effectively use the space we have when we upgrade the kitchen.

Attaching floorplan and some photos.

Having given it some thought, I was wondering whether the utility room door could be moved to nearer the side of the WC (and of course moving the radiator) allowing for some kind of against-the-wall dining space with comfy built-in benches against the walls (around the soil pipe) and then chairs or a bench to pull out. The utility door would need to be a sliding door as it wouldn't be able to fully open on that side where the tumble dryer is.

While we would like a larger kitchen, it's not possible to extend, and we do not want to lose the study or utility. So, we would have to just try and make better use of the space we currently have. The aim is to be able to sit more than 6 people if needed, as well as incorporate a comfy bench that can be used to watch TV/ play xbox (tv could go where the lamp currently is on the wall)

Any other thoughts much appreciated and welcomed. Thanks

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.