nicola_day7786726

Purple and teal?

Nic Mower
9 years ago
Hey everyone.

We've got a big living room to decorate and I'm coming a bit unstuck.

We've had the walls done in a very pale grey (strong white by F&B) and so the room is now in need of some colour.

The idea is to have two large sofas, one against the wall and one under the window.

Then full length curtains draw back from the window, a nice patterned rug, a coffee table and a big lamp in the corner in between the 2 sofas.

The existing furniture will be going onto the mezzanine and replaced, starting with a chesterfield style sofa from M&S (see attached photo but imagine in a plum coloured fabric)

Trouble I'm having is deciding on colours around the room.

I'd like one plum coloured sofa (like the attached photo from made but not that actual sofa), probably the chesterfield, and then I've seen some examples of plum and teal looking really nice together. I'm struggling to know how to coordinate colours around the room.

If I have plum chesterfield, what colour should the second sofa be? And the curtains and rug and cushions? Will hopefully also get something up on the wall behind the sofa as it's very tall and currently looks very bare.

Any help/photo ideas really appreciated!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.