helenelistel

Need advice on buying an engineered wood floor

helenelistel
9 years ago
I'd like to buy an engineered oak that is whitish/greyish with a warm pink hue for our large bright living room & am thinking of something like a white Russian, Paris white or Polar white but prices seem to vary hugely & I'd like to go for something that costs less without compromising quality too much. Is that achievable??
Can anyone advise me where to buy from, what to look for & a reasonable price for good quality that would last say 20 or so years without hard use?
I totally get that:-
1) the thicker the amount of hardwood on the surface, the more expensive it becomes and
2) the thicker hardwood, the more times it can be sanded
3) other factors come into play, such as rarity of the wood & the finish
I'd like something pre-finished, a smooth surface (ie not rough) in something formal-ish (but not too formal) modern but interesting. In truth it's probably unlikely to ever get sanded.
Help! Please advise me!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.