hodierne87

Exterior Update Help - 1960's Yellow Brick Ranch

hodierne87
9 years ago
My wife and I want to give our house some more personality. Currently, our house has zero curb appeal. The front exterior of the house is boring and drab. The landscaping is virtually non-existent. We have driven past our own house several times because many houses on our block look virtually identical. Like many people (I assume), we want to make as much of an impact as possible without investing too much money.

We want to give the house a mid century nod. We like clean lines and de minimus designs. We have considered painting the brick but cannot make up our minds. We want long, low, horizontal cedar planters. We have a large fenced in back yard. Eventually we plan to replace the current privacy fence with a privacy fence made from matching horizontal cedar.

Our house is short and long... rather than fighting those features, we think we should try to play to them. I have posted some photos, which we hope are helpful. In case you cannot tell from the photos, the shingles are a bluish grey. Obviously, the bricks are light yellow.......

Any [constructive] input is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments (49)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.