ksggro

Garden Design

Billie G
11 years ago
We have just renovated a 1880's house in The Hague, Netherlands. Our garden is the next project, but we are sort of stuck. It is 30ft X 17ft, with the right side of the garden being exposed to the western sun. The most sun we get is in the late morning and the afternoon, as shown in the pictures (taken at noon). We would like to keep it classic--almost in an English country style--but with low maintenance.

The back of the garden is overlooked by neighbours, so we would like to have some privacy in the form of a pergola-like structure. I am allergic to bees, so we would like to have few flowering plants, although a hydrangea or rhododendron would be nice. We do have two cats that love to dig, so we would like to have most of the soil covered in some way--paving stones or ground-covering shrubs. White, lilac and pink are our favourite colours.

We would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.