julieh2109

Tiny lounge made over on a similarly tiny budget

Julie Hartwell
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Our lounge is very small and it is difficult to move the furniture because there is a chimney breast. We really only sit in there in the evenings to read or watch television as we have a large kitchen diner cum snug at the rear of the house and we tend to spend a lot of time in there. It was painted in creams and golds which looked a bit dated and I craved some colour. I painted a feature wall in a deep teal, added deep teal stripes to the gold chimney breast and painted the other walls milk white to optimise the light from the window. Lamps help to brighten the space, also. The wall mounted fire was silver before but I painted it with a metallic teal paint. The existing gold and bronze artwork looks amazing against the dramatic backdrop, in my opinion & I added extra interest with eclectic cushions in different textures. The pouffe was an eBay bargain, purchased for £20. I made teal curtains to tie the scheme together (£30). The whole restyle cost around £200 and I'm really pleased with it; the room is really cosy and has an opulent feel.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.