leannenh

Help with living room

leannenh
9 years ago
Ideas for our living room please. I find the shape of the room awkward as it's quite long and is narrow at one end. We have a big bay window which has good views and that's why we have the sofa facing it. Wish had chosen a different sofa as can't really seem to rearrange room around due to the sofa shape and size. As you walk in it's quite spacious, but then where the corner sofa is and the table it seems more crowded. Ideally would like to keep the table as children like to play on it with their toys. The brown small chair is a child's chair so can move that/ get something different (wasn't sure whether to get ottoman to match sofa). We do normally have a lamp on the side table which has broken, and a rug under the table. My partner wants to keep the fishtank which is quite big but people do like to look at it.
I would like to have a fireplace and didn't know if one would look ok in middle of wall where tv is or too crowded? Also thought about painting one of the walls a different colour?

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.