miguel80

Dark floor with low ceiling, is it a total no-no?

miguel80
9 years ago
We've a real dilemma - we're mid-renovation of our 3 storey 60's terrace town house and are at a stage where we really need to pick a floor finish, we're really drawn to dark / black super flat matt lacquered wood flooring. The space is completely open plan and though we've managed to raise the head height in the front section of the house and in the new extension (where its 2500mm) the middle section in the dashed box of the plans attached has avery low height of around 2250-2300. Would we be crazy to have a dark wood floor? The house now has a great amount of natural light due to the full width full height glazing at the rear and two large rooflights. We're keen to draw the eye up to the walls and away from the floor but wonder if a dark floor will in effect have the opposite effect. Other options we're looking at are having grey concrete effect tiles through the middle to join a cosier dark wood floor in the lounge.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.