dee_bentley

Need help with main floor paint colour

Dee Bentley
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Hello Decorators,

I am having a very difficult time finding a neutral paint colour to compliment my trim, which is beige. The trim colour cannot be changed, as it matches all of the windows, as well as inside and outside trims. The current wall paint colour on the main level is a muted green which I do not like. The baseboards and fireplace base will hopefully be installed soon.

Upstairs in most of the rooms and hallway I have light blue which looks amazing. I love the blue, but think it isn't a good colour for the main floor, for resale. I love crisp white, but I feel that with beige trim, it would look 'country' which isn't what I'm going for.

In my master bedroom, (and in the main floor mudroom), we have a very nice shade of medium brown which looks stunning with the beige trim, but if I were to use it on the main floor, I feel it would make the space seem too small and dark.

The current house is an updated Craftsman. I think the house style dictates a traditional feel. I will be buying new living room furniture this summer as well. I am hoping to have neutral walls and furniture, with pacific blue (aqua), and a few other accents.

Suggestions for wall colour?

Thank you!
Dee

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.