eccab77

Help me design my main bedroom please

Mrs M
9 years ago
Hello houzzers!
I'm nearly exchanging contracts and I'm so excited I am already designing and making a list of to buy :). I want my bedroom to look lovely but not sure how to do it. I have a wooden bed and chocolate damask wallpaper.
Please help me with
1. What bedside cabinets to go for. I don't want everything to be in the wood colour of the bed!
2. Ceiling light and lamp shades. I have the attached stands
3. Flooring and rug. Existing carpet going, so clean slate there
4. How to dress the windows. There are double windows which are like in the middle of the wall! I hate it when there is a big gap between the ceiling and the curtain pole!
5. What colours to mix with the brown so it's not dull

The room is not exactly huge. Only 9'8" x 11'7". It has two fitted wardrobes (fitted into the wall). The wardrobe doors are white gloss. The wardrobes takes practically all the wall they are on. Not sure if I can post a pic of the room since we haven't exchanged contracts yet??

Thank you all for your expertise. A mood board would be lovely if someone can do one.. I tried but all that came out was realisation that I'm not a computer whizz! :)

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.