sylvie_e_waters

Advice on how to dress large unusual windows

sylvie_e_waters
9 years ago
Hi,

We've recently bought a flat in a Victorian gothic revival building. The bow/bay windows in the living room are beautiful and let in lots of lights. However, privacy is an issue as people can see in from the street. At the moment they are dressed with heavy grubby curtains. Even when they are pulled back they cover a lot of the windows and don't show the windows off to their full advantage. I've thought about getting blinds but the I wouldn't want them to cover the attractive shape of the windows at the top. It is also worth mentioning that the windows are very energy inefficient; they let out a lot of heat and the room is cold in winter. The heavy curtains are at least good for keeping us a bit warmer. Also we get condensation in the colder months.

Any advice on how to dress the windows would be very much appreciated. Thanks! (Please excuse the dark photos and the ladder!)

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.