hzdeleted_17299013

Varde Ovne Stoves - Aura 11 -

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I've
been looking at buying a multi-burner stove and today I saw one which I thought
'that's for me'. But as always life is not that simple!

The stove I was looking at was the Varde Aura 11 described in the literature as
a wood burning stove and certainly all the online reading I've come across says
like wise.

I emailed the retailer (well established and big-ish operation with an excellent
reputation in my area) just to clarify this point with him; his salesman got
back to me stating that:

just
went down and checked and it's defiantly a multi fuel one. it has a grate and
ash pan which wood burning stove's generally don't have. Thanks for your visit
and we hope to work with you in the future.

So he seems pretty certain

The style, and price, would suit me down to the ground and from what I’ve
reading it seems as though some stoves, those with grates and ash pans will act
as multi fuel, I’d just like to see what the community thinks.

Kevin

Comments (4)

• minnie101
    8 years ago

http://www.vardestoves.com/download/4%20-%20Aura%2011/Aura%20User%20&%20Installation%20Manual.pdf the Varde manual states wood only. Fyi you go on their website it also says installations may not conform to british building regs. There's a contact us page so I would give them a ring if unsure, personally would go with manufacturers advice or go back to the person you spoke to and ask them to explain

• Rob
    8 years ago

We got a westfire stove last year and also wanted multi-fuel. As long as it has a grate then it can burn coal. Wood likes to burn on a bed of its own ash whereas coal likes to burn with air coming up beneath it we were told. Hence, if you opt for multi-fuel, you will simply get a grate in the bottom rather than it being less holed. I think all if them to be fair have an ash pan though these days as even wood created ash which does need to drop down somewhere!

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    minnie101 wrote 'vardestoves.com the Varde manual states wood only. Fyi you go on their website it also says installations may not conform to british building regs. There's a contact us page so I would give them a ring if unsure, personally would go with manufacturers advice or go back to the person you spoke to and ask them to explain.'

Thanks for the replies. I've been to the website, sent Verda and the supplier an email for additional information, so I'll wait and see.

It was the grate and ashcan which threw me. I also got it difficult to understand the bit about British building regulations. I've been wondering if their brochure is an almost direct translation from their Swedish one and if the regulation are different there
  • mrsmcee74
    8 years ago
    We've got a Charnwood cove multi fuel stove, it has a riddle system and to burn coal we have to move the riddle system one way, and the other way for wood. So guess there's a difference in required airflow for the different fuels.
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.