joleen1

Installing a new Microwave/Oven Combo - help?!

Jeannine
8 years ago
Long story. My apologies. Purchased new wall oven / microwave combo from Lowes. Installer came out, removed old unit, dropped in new unit (dropped in operative words here). It is now sitting on the floor of the opening behind a lip and we have a 4" gap at the top (you can see in the photo). The installer said this was right and the trim kit will take care of it? It is wrong. We got our money back from Lowes on the install. My husband said he could correct it by cutting the lip down and sliding the oven out on to a hydraulic lift cart we own, placing 4x4s underneath the oven as the platform to return it to the original height and put the trim kit on the bottom. The trim kit looks hideous if we put it at the top. To you appliance install experts, what do you think? It weighs 200 lbs. can you easily cut away a two inch lip and slide the oven out? What kind of platform should it sit on?

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.