amy_brook

Help with new kitchen layout

Amy Brook
8 years ago

We're looking to knock down the dinning/kitchen wall to create a combined space. The front window is a floor to ceiling barn arch window, the other is a tiny window and not full length. The double doors are timber with stone surround which would be nice to keep, the smaller door is also nice but not -as- nice.

I can can not express enough that this kitchen must have a lot of utility and be huge on entertaining - I was thinking along the windowless (right hand) wall with full length island bench, then 1/2 open 1/2 closed floor to ceiling storage in the bottom left corner where the ovens are now. Cooking is a pleasure for me so I spend a lot of time in there, throwing a lavish dinner party is stress relief!!

We need room for (all built in) 2 ovens, microwave, steamer and small fridge. I detest sinks and stoves on the island as they get in the way of beautiful entertaining spaces -_-

The bottom right cupboard must remain as it hides the hot water thingy.

Id love to hear people's ideas!!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.