stacyshep

Help! How to modernise / increase curb appeal on my 1970s dormer house

stacyshep
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We bought this house around 5 years ago, despite never warming to the outside of the house the potential inside won us over. We have renovated it extensively inside over the years but I have always disliked the exterior. I do not want to move to another house just because it is 'prettier' on the outside as the inside of this house works superbly for our family. I am looking for ideas on how to renovate the look of the house and increase its curb appeal. Our initial thoughts were to replace the current tiles on the dormers with render however our architect who assisted us with plans for changing the flat roof to pitched advised against this, his reason was it could cause damp. Our alternative idea is to have cream painted wooden or weatherboard cladding fitted to give it a new england feel and to put a porch featuring the same cladding to tie it together. Any other ideas or opinions would be gratefully received!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.